Proposed Property Tax Impact:
Millage Rate: ~0.0122
Property Value Municipal Tax
$80 K $39 / year
$100 K $49 / year
$250 K $122 / year
$400 K $195 / year
* The average family would pay around $11 / month - the same as one meal out!
THE PETITION FOR INCORPORATION
The following document is our official FINAL submission to the State of South Carolina.
Parks & Recreation
Council & Contract Services
Local Option Sales Tax
Local Government Fund
Business License/Franchise Fees
Personal Property Tax
(Beyond contingency fund.)
The Town of Indian Land is more then just the
northern tip of Lancaster County South Carolina,
it's our home. Our community must be a place
where people are proud to live and raise their
families. A community where businesses know
they can prosper as a partner in the community.
It's time for a Town of Indian Land.
Town of Indian Land Proposed Boundaries:
• To the North & East: NC State Line
• To the West: Sugar Creek and Catawba River
• To the South: SC-5 from the Catawba River to US-521 then
South on US-521 to E North Corner Road to the NC State Line
Initial Proposed Services:
• Law Enforcement
• Fire Protection
• Planning and Zoning
• Building Code Enforcement
• Parks & Recreation
Proposed Form of Government:
• Town Council/Town Manager
• 5 Councilpersons
• Council Seats to Be Non-Partisan
• Single Member Elected per District
Copyright © Voters for a Town of Indian Land. All rights reserved.
By Indian Land. For Indian Land.